Click below for a video about Medy & Dytuco Financial Services
How can I help you?
My goal is to facilitate ease & freedom in living the life you love – by educating & empowering you with creative financial solutions.
Creative means using a combination of standard and non-standard solutions (including the possibility of some small business solutions) to meet your specific needs and get the most out of your hard earned money.
Educating and empowering means helping you understand the best value options for your retirement & insurance plans. This then allows you to make informed decisions on what best meets your needs and your budget.
I do this by reviewing different aspects of your financial plan, which can include:
- A financial management review which involves looking at your cash management strategies to find opportunities to have your money working better for you and allow you to better meet your short & long-term goals.
- Asset management review as these decisions will impact your financial results and taxes payable, which consequently affects your ability to meet your financial goals, including retirement and estate planning goals.
- Risk management review which involves identifying risks to your financial well-being and determining which solutions would be most suitable for your particular situation, needs and budget.
- Tax planning review as tax is typically one of the largest expense item for people, so strategies to use opportunities to save on taxes can help you keep more of your hard earned money. This can especially impact what’s available to you at retirement and what you leave as a legacy for your beneficiaries (i.e. to minimize taxes at death so as to maximize the estate value available for beneficiaries).
- Retirement plan review because in a nutshell, retirement planning is about getting clear on how you want to live your life and implementing strategies to help ensure you have enough money to do that.
- Estate planning review that looks at what you have in place to ensure proper management of your assets, during your life (in case of major illness) or distribution upon your death – to take care of the people and things important to you.
I also provide articles and videos on my website focused on these topics to help protect your future, your families, save on taxes and enhance your retirement funds.
For financial solutions, I focus on the possibility of using a business doing what you love (and will spend time on anyway) to supplement your income as well as insurance-based products because of they offer many tax-free benefits that leave more in your pocket compared to other taxable investments. This includes use of segregated funds instead of mutual funds for your retirement and savings plans because of the guarantees and regulatory advantages they offer.
Who I am
I’m a Certified Financial Planner and designated accountant with extensive experience in both finance and coaching. These, I find are great assets that allow me to help people in a more holistic manner to identify how they want to live their lives and assess the options best suited to their individual needs. Without customized needs analysis, many people can be placed into standard financial solutions that don’t necessarily help them in the long term. This can lead to unpleasant surprises at time of retirement, an insurance claim or when premiums go up unexpectedly at a certain age.
As an independent broker, I can shop around to find the best value products offered by different insurance companies for segregated funds (for RRSPs, TFSAs, and RESPs), life and disability insurance, mortgage insurance, travel insurance, critical illness and group insurance.
I’m a Certified Financial Planner and an experienced accountant (CPA, CGA). I have over 20 years background in finance, risk management, auditing, financial analysis and systems automation. On the non-technical side, I’ve completed several communications and leadership courses, as well as the CTI co-active coaching program offered through the University of Calgary, and coached a leadership course for a few years.
I bring all this with me in helping you understand your financial risks and help protect what matters to your future and your family.
Although my roots are in BC, I also lived in Calgary and Toronto. Between these three cities, I spent most of my career in the Airline and Energy industries, working for companies such as WestJet, Canadian Airlines, Wardair, Enbridge, TransCanada (Pipelines), Sunesis Consulting and most recently on contract with Finning International (through Sunera Consulting).
In the fall of 2011, after 16 years in Calgary, I decided to yield to the call of family, friends and warmer weather and returned home to Vancouver to take over my father’s Insurance business. Today, I still work part-time as an internal controls consultant but I spend most of my time as a Financial Planning & Insurance advisor.
Those of you who know me also know that I am continually involved as a volunteer in my community both for professional associations and not-for-profit events. This includes currently as a board member for the ISACA Vancouver chapter and previous positions on the boards of the CGA Vancouver Chapter, CGA-BC Conference Committee, ISACA Calgary, and CGA TriCities/RidgeMeadows Chapter. I was also involved with the United Way and Environment, Health and Safety volunteer initiatives when I worked for the Oil & Gas industry.
Please feel free to contact me about anything I have published here or my website (DytucoFinancialServices.com) or if you have any questions at all about planning for early retirement, insurance, any aspects of financial planning described above.
Also please contact me if you’d like a review and second look of your current plans, regardless of which company they have been purchased from.